Wednesday 13 February 2013

From ‘knowing’ to ‘realizing’

We, human beings know everything. When it comes to intelligence and general knowledge, we are above all the species in the entire world. We are very well aware about various social problems, environmental problems, economic problems, political problems and various other issues prevailing in the society but, apart from knowing, how many of us have actually realized the depth of these problems?
It’s a fact that till the time we people don’t experience anything, we don’t realize it and until then we just know it. An incident made me understand and realize this truth.
It was a normal day when I was returning from my college. Suddenly I saw a dog, with hungry eyes staring at the little eggs, in the middle of the crowd. There were tears in his eyes. That was the moment when I realized the intense feeling of hunger. That was the time when I realized the importance of being patient and not losing hope. I rushed to a shop to buy biscuits for that dog and when I returned back, unfortunately the dog was gone. But after two days, at that same place I fed that dog with biscuits which I had bought for him that day. The feeling of feeding someone and filing someone’s stomach, especially a creature that can’t speak and has no one to care of, is unexplainable. The happiness which I got was just truly out of the world.
This incident made me realize that we are so lucky to have money in our pockets and can buy anything whenever we feel hungry. We are so blessed that we have our moms to whom we can shout and order “Jaldi khana do bahut bhookh lagi hai, yarr kya banaya hai apne aaj mujhe nahi chahiee”. We have become so habitual to all the luxuries and comfort in our lives, that we often don’t realize the value of a single byte of food.

There is a lot of difference between knowing and realizing and still there is lot more in this world which is yet to be felt and experienced by us.  One, who experiences and understands the harsh realities of life, is the one who understands the real worth of living. It’s time for all of us to come out of our dreamy, busy, lavish world and start looking the world around us from a third eye which is much more meaningful.

No comments:

Post a Comment